Heart of Yoga and Urban Family present
Heart of Yoga Retreat & Teacher Training
with Mark Whitwell
25 – 30 July: Fiji Spirit Festival (details coming soon!)
31 July – 13 August: Heart of Yoga Retreat & Training
Reserve your spot today by making a deposit
Details and terms are on the deposit page at our partner page urbanfamily.org
Heart of Yoga Teacher Training
Experience abundance, nurturing simplicity and Mark's most thorough teachings during two weeks in Fiji's primordial haven.
We encourage participants to stay for the full two weeks, but if you can only come for one-week, don’t worry! One week provides deep rejuvenation as a retreat and can be used toward your Teacher Training certification to be completed anywhere in the world with Mark.
You will receive...
- Opportunity to deeply explore the practice of Asana, including appropriate inversions, twists, forward bends, designed specifically for you and your students
- Asana, Pranayama and Meditation as a seamless process
- Krishnamacharya's Five Principles of Practice
- Exploration of Bandhas in Asana and Pranayama
- Understanding of Vinyasa Krama, the art of appropriate sequencing
- The essential principle of Strength/Receiving in Yoga and Life
- The practice and process of nurturing, regeneration and abundance as a constant
- Two weeks with a Master Teacher in a tropical paradise!
Pricing & Accommodation options*
1 week, a taste:
- Off Site Accommodation: $2,192
- Ocean View Triple (Single): $2,871
- Ocean View Twin: $2,944
- Ocean View Single: $3,166
- Ocean Front Twin: $3,166
- Ocean Front Single: $3,608
- Ocean View Double: $5,326
- Ocean Front Double: $5,768
- Ocean View Triple: $7,486
- Ocean Front Triple: $7,929
2 weeks, the full experience:
- Ocean View Triple (Single): $4,442
- Ocean View Twin: $5,853
- Ocean View Single: $6,296
- Ocean Front Twin: $6,296
- Ocean Front Single: $7,180
- Ocean View Double: $10,616
- Ocean Front Double: $11,501
- Ocean View Triple: $14,837
- Ocean Front Triple: $15,722
* Prices in US dollars include: your personalised shuttles to Heart of Yoga ashram from Taveuni airport; three meals and snacks at the ashram every day; accommodation; and full tuition
** Double shared accommodation is subject to availability of matching with a roomamte
*** Enquire about group discounts
Contact retreat co-ordinator Amy for pricing options, questions or registration via email or the form below firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart of Yoga Ashram
The Heart of Yoga Ashram is a private paradise set among five acres of lush bush on the water’s edge. A beautiful sanctuary with confortable accommodations, the Heart of Yoga Ashram provides a rejuvenating experience for all who visit.
Fiji is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, about two-thirds of the way from Hawaii to New Zealand. It is comprised of 332 islands, of which approximately 100 are inhabited.
Taveuni is Fiji’s third largest island and commonly known as “The Garden Island” with its lush rainforests, cascading waterfalls and abundance of tropical flowers and plants. But it doesn’t stop there – Taveuni boasts two famous dive spots, rainbow reef and the Great White Wall which are located in the heart of the Somosomo Strait.
The Yoga Shala
The stunning coastal property consists of two one-bedroom cottages with en-suite bathrooms. The Yoga space is in a separate house with kitchen, large terrace and another bathroom. There are two private beaches, one on either side, just one minute stroll from the house and cottages.
Nestled into the hillside overlooking the ocean, this is where your yoga classes are held during retreats and trainings.
The Yoga Hall has polished wooden floors and floor-to ceiling windows all around, an open kitchen, bathroom and large, covered decks that surround the hall. The self-contained units come with ensuites and kitchenettes with stoves. These can be made into dormitories with bunk beds, individual rooms or a couples rooms with a king size bed. Lodging varies depending on the participants.
Garden Island Resort
Award-winning Garden Island Resort is well known for its excellent dive staff and world class diving location just 15 minutes from the White Wall and 25 exciting dive sites. We are a boutique resort offering excellent personalized service and luxurious comfort in each of our 30 rooms. Our waterfront location provides each room with water views and beautiful sunsets.
The lush tropical garden offers bananas, papayas, pineapples, passion fruit, coconuts, and a variety of citrus fruits seasonally ready for our guests. The ocean front Spa offers pampering and relaxation provided by our well trained staff.
Our property boasts 30 modern Ocean View guest-rooms; 15 first floor (upstairs) Ocean View rooms; with four of these rooms inter-connecting, making it ideal for families. 15 larger Ocean Spa suites each with private outdoor spa.
All are equipped with the essential amenities to ensure your utmost comfort and are located right on the water’s edge giving you sunning views over the straits and to the nearby islands.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and feature either a private patio or balcony. Each room is air conditioned, and is equipped with:
- private ensuite bathroom
- flat screen TV with DVD player
- internet access
- coffee/tea making facilities
Request more information or register
Contact Amy our Teacher Training co-ordinator: