Heart of Yoga & Urban Family present:
Retreat & Teacher Training
with Mark Whitwell
27 June - 3 July
5 - 11 November
All sessions take place at the beautiful and historic Pepper Tree Retreat in Ojai, California, the American home of J. Krishnamurti, a student of TKV Desikachar.
Don't miss this rare opportunity to study in-depth with master teacher Mark Whitwell in the USA.
Spend a transformative week with Mark in the enchanted "Valley of the Moon" as we dive into the Heart of Yoga. This course is offered at the historic Pepper Tree Retreat where J. Krishnamurti lived and taught, and is approved by the Yoga Alliance.
Come for one week or two
You have the choice to attend one week as an opportunity to develop your personal practice or as a restorative retreat with the option to continue with the teacher training. If you have attended a retreat with Mark in the past this may count towards your teacher training. Please contact us for more information.
You will receive...
- Opportunity to deeply explore the practice of Asana, including appropriate inversions, twists, forward bends, designed specifically for you and your students
- Asana, Pranayama and Meditation as a seamless process
- Krishnamacharya’s Five Principles of Practice
- Exploration of Bandhas in Asana and Pranayama
- Understanding of Vinyasa Krama, the art of appropriate sequencing
- The essential principle of Strength/Receiving in Yoga and Life
- The practice and process of nurturing, regeneration and abundance as a constant
- Two weeks with a Master Teacher in an intimate setting
Pricing & Accommodation options
For these courses, we are using the beautiful Pepper Tree Retreat's Event Pavilion as the Yoga Shala, and we have these accommodation options for you:
Pepper Tree (where the course is held and meals are shared):
- Shared room with 2 Twin beds: $2,467
- Private king bed (Single): $3,035
- Private king bed (Double): $4,834 with both guests participating in course
Lindley House (next door to Pepper Tree):
- Shared room with 2 Singles beds: $2,307
- Private single bed: $2,443
Spirit House (next door to Pepper Tree):
- Private queen bed (Single) with shared bathroom: $2,851
- Private queen bed (Double) with shared bathroom: $4,373 with both guests participating in course
*Prices are in US dollars and are all-inclusive of your accommodation, three meals a day and full tuition
**For students whom provide their own accommodation, the one-week price is $1,900 and includes tuition, lunch and dinner
Contact retreat coordinator Amy for pricing options, questions and registration
Use this form or simply email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Family and Heart of Yoga are both 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. These trainings are registered with the Yoga Alliance and count toward teacher training and continuing education hours.
Pepper Tree Retreat Gallery
Details and terms are on the deposit page on our partner page urbanfamily.org